Thursday, December 30, 2010

Malaysia Wins AFF Suzuki Cup

I did not watch any of these football matches but looking at the Facebook posts from friends and friends' friends, it must be a big match and Malaysia won! It did not fascinate me until I head my brother said, 'Friday public holiday!' And to me, whether or not its working days, weekends, public holidays, it doesn't make any difference. So I went online and look out for the news and read this:

News taken from NewsStraitsTimes

PM declares Friday a public holiday

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has declared Friday, December 31 2010, a public holiday to commemorate Malaysia's victory in the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup tonight.

Malaysia won 4-2 on aggregate after winning 3-0 at home and losing 2-1 to Indonesia in the second leg on Wednesday night at Bung Karno stadium in Jakarta.

The public holiday announcement was made via national news agency Bernama.


***See how interesting Malaysia is***

This means, LET'S WIN MORE COMPETITIONS AND WE GET MORE PUBLIC HOLIDAYS!!!

No comments: