Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Adventure in KL - Day 1

Date: 14th December 2010
Finally I decided to give myself a good break by going out to KL for some adventure. Early that morning, I followed my sister-in-law to work. Had roti boom and milo ais for starters before I went to ATM to clear some deposits. That was where I came across the International Brass Band Preliminary Round competition just outside Pavillion KL. It was interesting to watch the percussion battling out to get a place in the semi-finals. There were teams from Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand.

...Malaysia vs Indonesia...

Good thing the weather was great. I walked around without a sweat. It wasn't a good idea to bring my laptop with me because it gets heavier after a long walk. So I went down the streets, taking photographs here and there before I finally walked over to Berjaya Times Square to get myself a movie ticket, sent my Nikon D40 for sensor cleaning and enjoyed the Christmas decorations.

...it is always nice to walk when there's not much people in the streets...

Since I had nothing better to do, I went around the shops asking how much will I get if I trade-in my Nikon D40 and sadly...it worth only RM500 or less! *sigh* So, forget it! I am not selling my Nikon D40 but getting a Canon G12 soon....... Spent RM60 for sensor cleaning; kindda expensive but now, my camera is CLEAN! ...after 3 years~

It was time for a movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1


It was a very long movie...sat in the cinema for about 3 hours; thanks to GSC for starting the movie 20 minutes late! And it was freezing in there! Anyway, the show was great - comparing to the previous sequels where it is very predictable...this one isn't *applause* can't wait for Part 2 to be out in the cinema!

After the movie, I went around Times Square, Fahrenheit 88 and Pavillion for some window shopping and a Subway sandwich for late lunch. It was about 6.30pm that I finally met up with my sister-in-law to get a ride back home.

Bodyaching today...
A lesson learn: No more laptop while going for any other adventure next time!

No comments: