Monday, June 23, 2008

Along the way in the airport

Time to hit the airport again on 18th June 2008, flight back to Miri at 7.15pm. I rarely had such late flight back to anywhere I go. It was a two weeks holiday in Kuching and finally when everyone is done with their exams and off for their holidays, I'm back to Miri...funny isn't it~

Left home after dad and Aaron came back and it was raining cats and dogs plus with the lightning and thunder here and there. Dad drove to 7th Mile for me to grab a 'tapau' 3 layer Teh-C-Peng. Reached the airport and checked in and later walked to the departure hall, waiting. There were many people there that night, especially the AirAsia flight to Johor Bharu. 

After bidding my family goodbye (will be seeing them in two weeks), I put my bags on the belt for scan, even my Big Apple Donut too, but to my surprise, the 2 boxes of donut got stuck at the belt and the security guards teased me, asking me to leave the donuts for them... *you wish~!* Waved goodbye to mum and walked down to Gate 1 and sat there. The rain stopped.

Decided to take out my camera and snapped some photos. Never actually took photo of Kuching International Airport.

...Gate 1...

The usual thing happens when you board AirAsia's flights. Lining up even when the plane just landed...The moment passengers saw the plane reaching the gate, everyone lined up at once. Well, traveling alone makes things easier - follow the crowd. 

Boarded the plane... some people are just plain stupid. There was a huge man in yellow shirt who came late and while we were all lining up to board, he jumped queue like nobody's business. He was so rude, but good thing, the lady in the counter told him to go back and queue up, but later he managed to board the plane even before I do!


I would normally sit next to the window on the right. Getting on the night flight, there would be nothing no see. But, the moon that night was so bright and beautiful. Lucky me, I was on the right side of the plane and the whole hour to Miri, the moon was just outside my window. How lovely~


The flight was bad - weather was bad - the plane was shaking all the way~ the moment it touched ground, I was about to throw up. Leaving my jacket in my luggage was a stupid idea. I was freaking frozen while waiting for my luggage. I rushed out from the arrival hall and met Catherine and off we go...

It was a great ride after all~

1 comment:

In the World of My Own said...

that's why when go on the plane, must MUST always bring your jacket along. Never ever leave it behind...it gets REALLY cold up high in the air but when you touch down and step onto the airport, back to normal again haha