Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wanted, Incredible Hulk and Hancock

Movie reviews are back in kaYren original...


*laughs* thanks to taking FTV 111 a year ago, watching movies became a total difference. Instead of fully enjoying the movie, I was more of learning and analyzing the movie. Well, that's for being a media student...

Anyway, it was a movie bash for me again after a year of not entering the cinema so often. It was after a long time until I finally get to the cinema and not sure of what movie to watch because I watched them all...hehehe...


First movie on the list - WANTED

Wesley Gibson a small time accountant met Fox who changed his life and recruited him into 'Fraternity'. The leader, Sloan made him into an assassin just like his father. Gibson finds out that corruption, deceit and betrayal runs in 'Fraternity'. Taking vengeance of his father's death, he became the next target.

..........

Directed by Timur Bekmambetov released on 27th June 2008. It wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. Watching the trailer was already an 'okay' thing and first thing that pops into my mind - too unrealistic - and further more, it was Angelina Jolie in it. Not a fan at all of Angeline Jolie. It was a 110 minutes of shooting, chasing, blood, very the Matrix-style kindda visuals and of course watching in Star Miri is just too noisy until it hurts the ears.



Second movie in line - Incredible Hulk

Dr. Bruce Banner seeks for the cure. He later returns to US to get the vital information from the laboratory and met Betty. Ross injected the gamma radiation into one of his soldier, Blonsky who later turned into another being almost similar to Hulk, the Abomination.

..........

The first Hulk movie directed by Ang Lee was a disappointment. The second sequel directed by Louis Letterier was a much better one. This movie was released on the 13th June 2008 with a 114 minutes runtime. Well, as a Marvel Superhero fan, I never missed any of the shows. With Liv Tyler in it, the movie is just great. Although the movie line was pretty short and not so fascinating as I thought it would be, I still love the show. 



Third movie in line - Hancock

John Hancock was no ordinary, likable superhero living in Los Angeles. He causes destructions when saving the innocents. Hancock saved Ray who was a Public Relations executive who then had the mission to help Hancock to change his superhero image.

..........

I never seen the trailer of this film before watching the whole film so I had no idea what this film was about. My first thought of this film was probably Will Smith in a fighter jet saving lives here and there and blablabla...those typical kindda movie by Smith. But, when the movie started, I was taken aback when I realized that the movie was about an invincible superhero and Will Smith as the superhero just shocks me! Directed by Peter Berg and was released on the 2nd July 2008 with a 92 minutes runtime, this movie was just great. There were surprises here and there. It was another great movie by Smith.


After watching Wanted in Star Cineplex, Miri finally I get to watch Incredible Hulk and Hancock in Golden Screen Cinema at 1Borneo, KK. Finally-lah~ get to watch movies in a better cinema with better audio and visual. Finally-lah~ also after a year, I could say 'I watched all the latest movies in the cinema'!

No comments: