Thursday, March 4, 2010

Water Issue

Since I first came here last Tuesday (23rd February), I faced a terrible water issue in the island. First of all, I was told that only my block has water supply in the bathrooms; I was thrilled. And yes, I had water to shower that evening while others from other blocks had to bring their pails and collect hill waters from the pipe next to the guard house.

Day 2 of my time here was still smooth sailing in the morning. I went over to a friend's room to shower as most bathroom in my floor are practically spoilt; either the door or the shower tap. We had water. It was until that evening after we came back to the staff quarters after work that my friend and I had no choice but to bring our pails down and collect water for shower and this time even my block was not spared. Imagine I had only 1 pail of water to shower and another pail to wash my clothes.

Day 3 was still the same and we were then told that we could shower in the resort, but I was too lazy as it was very inconvenient to bring clothes and shampoos everyday to work.

Then it was the first day of the resort's opening and my shift was at 7am. I went over to my friend's room (as they have water from 10pm to 7am daily) for my morning shower only to realize that they were out of water too! I didn't know wad time the shuttle to the resort was so I put on my uniform (tshirt and shorts) and kept my towel and shampoos in my bag and waited for the shuttle from 6am to 6.30am, not to mention the amount of mosquitoes biting me. Reached the resort at 6.35am and asked for the key to the room. I ran quickly to the room and had a 2 minutes shower and gotten myself ready by 6.45am. Well, what's the use of the shower when I sweat again right after. Anyhow, I got into work on time. But when I knew already earlier on that there won't be any water supply when I get back after work, I gave up carrying water from the guard house to 2nd floor, so I decided to just change and go to bed. It went on for the next few days until today...

It's really an inconvenience not to have proper water supply. Everyday, I pray that there will be water for at least the morning shower, but not every morning you find the tap with water.

Why?
It's because the water pipe in the sea were damaged by the monsoon a few months back and they have been fixing the pipe ever since.

Funny thing that kept us wondering is that...how come there's unlimited water supply in the resort??? ...it's ok, let's not wonder too much but pray that this water issue will be solved SOON!

No comments: