Monday, March 29, 2010

60 Earth Hour 2010

Date: 27th March 2010

I celebrated this year's 60 Earth Hour in Redang Island. I was wondering (a few days before) whether the resort will be observing this event. Only on the day itself, I saw flyers around the resort in support to this hour.

I was working that night (3pm-11pm shift) and as the time came, the lights on the hallway was turned off and later it was the lights in Fun Club as well, leaving only one light on. There were many people wondering about the darkness and some came by an asked about it. After explaining to them, they realized that it was indeed Earth Hour between 8.30pm - 9.30pm.

Though I couldn't see much of what was going on around the resort, but I had the one hour to work with only one light on.

...the only light turned on in Fun Club...

No comments: