Monday, March 29, 2010

My Dive Log (Part 3)

Date: 21st March 2010
Time: 8.30am


Had another 2 dives in Redang Island; this time at Southern Run and Batu Ling. Buddied with Azrin again and this time I had another opportunity to learn my buoyancy with a Dive Master.

I first dropped 1kg of weight and went down to the water with only 2kg. It was tough to ascend and funny enough, I descend really quick and missed my first safety stop. Southern Run was much deeper than any other dive sites I've been. I went down to a depth of 25m, landed on sandy bottom area. The current was so strong that we had to turn around after trying to swim through the sandy bottom. It was tough as we had to fight the current but the best part of this dive is that, we drift! It was tiring and by the time we headed back on the boat, I was drained and not to mention I had very bad blister on both my feet!

Second dive was rather relaxing as we didn't have to go against any current. I put plasters on my feet but it didn't help a bit as the fins were still cutting through it. It was hard for me to fin but I enjoyed the dive. There were floors of corals and I was able to swim up and down as command...means my buoyancy has improved! I changed buddy after Azrin was out of air.

The next thing to do for my next dive: BRING A CAMERA!

No comments: