Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Its been a month...

Believe it or not (actually I was surprised myself to know) that it's been a month since I left the big city, left my comfortable home, left my tears and sadness behind to a place I hoped to find peace...and I did!

Time flies! I came into the island on 23 February and now its been a non-stop one month workin day and night in the resort. Things were slower during the first 2 weeks but as the third week came by, there were so many things in my plate for me to work on - my own job, photography for sports & recreation, posters and booklets for activities, underwater video project and more to come...

There's so much opportunities here for me. I just had to grab them and perform to my fullest. I enjoyed my working and non-working time here in Redang. There's of course ups and downs here as well. There's so much difference here; the culture, the people, the food, the environment, the lifestyle. A few have failed to adapt and they left even before they could see the good side of this beautiful place. I have learn to adapt to this place and have no complains towards anything that I have here.

There's no regrets at all in taking up this job, leaving so much behind.
Within this one month, I went to a few places on the island, dived at 5 sites and will dive in many more, met people who originates from the island itself, hitchiking when there's no other option to go around the island, and best of all - to meet people from all walks of life - the guests where I spent most of my time talking to. It's amazing to get to know these people, to learn their language and to assist them in having a great holiday here in Redang.

Well, it's been a month and 7 more months to go~

No comments: