Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A day in the big city

Made a call the day before after I found a job vacancy in the papers and immediately was called in for an interview. I was looking forward to the interview, but after finding out that the office is in Section 17, Petaling Jaya, I was a little hesitant; but who would want to miss an interview~

I left home at 7am with Choulyee and her sister to her office for breakfast. It was my first time experiencing the traffic jams from Cheras to Bukit Bintang and yes! it's massive! We reached the office before 8am and had our breakfast at NZ Restaurant just at the corner of the building. I then took the Monorail to KL Sentral station and walked over to take another train to Asia Jaya station. I then waited for the Feeder Bus to get myself to McDonalds.

Stayed in McDonalds for the airconditioning and the internet while waiting for time for my interview. It was about 10.30am where I went to the bus stop and took a cab. I wasn't sure where the place is, so both the taxi driver and myself were out looking for the place.

Upon reaching the office, I was given a form to fill up and moment later was brought into the room with two interviewees. It was a good interview. Get to know the work scope, the projects... The interview finished before 11.30am. So, I took a long walk from the office (somewhere near the Sentosa shoplots) all the way to UTAR. It was blaring hot! Managed to get a taxi to the train station and off I went back down to Bukit Bintang.

Treated myself for a movie: Did You Hear About the Morgans?

...Bought the Caramel Combo set and enjoyed the movie in the cinema with only 8 people in it...

Then it was Low Yat (a place where I will always head to if I'm around that area). Went to the Apple Store to get the internet connection from my BlackBerry fixed and yesh! now...I can use internet in my MacBookPro through my BlackBerry! But, it took them like 1 hour to figure out how to get it connected~ *sweats*

I was wondering (lost somehow on where to go). I was in need of a place to sit and put my bag down because it was beginning to hurt. I walked to Lot 10 and to the 'now-in-renovation' KL Plaza and then to Star Hill and then to Pavilion. I then decided to just head over to KFC to have a drink and their internet.

Met with Choulyee and her sister for dinner at the Food Court in Pavilion before heading home. Lucky me that I still had the energy to compile my videos for my portfolio before sinking into bed while watching a DVD.

It is a day to be a home tomorrow! (which is today)
But, I'm here at Steven's Corner for internet after sending my resume to Singapore via post and picking up my pictures of the dive in Pulau Payar.

Ok! It's back to work...

No comments: