Tuesday, January 5, 2010

9 Wonderful Memories in 2009

2009 is last year. 2010 is this year.
How fast time flies~

Every year gets tougher and tougher, but that's how we get wiser and wiser. So far, 2009 has been one of the toughest year I've been through. Many things changed - from being a student to being a career person, from living in Miri to living in Petaling Jaya, from living with a housemate to living alone, from smooth internet connection to unstable internet connection, etc...

At the end of every year, I will look back and reflect what I have done for the past year, the achievements I made, the people I met. It's the time to do down memory lane........

No.1 - Karate Competition
Curtin Karate Club organized a small competition in Curtin and I was encouraged by Catherine to join although I am of no belt (but I went for classes every Monday and Friday). So I signed up for two categories...and walah~ I came back with 2 medals!

...everyone in the competition...

I enjoyed every bit of the training every week and all the other training I had at home as well. Learn a little bit of self defense to toughen myself up. It was indeed a wonderful experience as I had been always wanting to learn since high school.

...me on the 'tatami'...

Would love to continue Karate if I have the time to spare. This time, would want to start with the belt!


No.2 - Miri International Jazz Festival 09
I managed to sign up for volunteering this time around for MIJF, furthermore it's BACKSTAGE! Yes, I was schlepper'ing. It was not as tiring as if I were to be schlepper'ing for Rainforest World Music Festival.

...the stage...

We had to be there in the early morning and finish late at night. We were there for the rehearsals and arrangements of instruments. It was great meeting the performers, on-stage and off-stage.

...the Schleppers...

Next is to attend this festival with tickets, so I can enjoy every bit of the music. When will be the year? Hmm... I wonder~


No.3 - Program Karyawan Muda
It was a surprise for 'Hezekiah's Rhythm', a documentary I made for class to be nominated for Best Documentary in Program Karyawan Muda 08. The ceremony was held in KL. I was being notified last minute but managed to get tickets to KL to attend the ceremony on behalf of the documentary team.

...in Angkasapuri, RTM...

Though we didn't get the Best Documentary title that night, but it was already a great success to be nominated and aired in National TV. Congratulations to the team! Hope to participate in future film festival in the near future.


No. 4 - Graduate from John Curtin Leadership Academy
After a year in the academy with 2 projects at hand; Project Care and VISION, finally it was the last poster presentation and officially, we graduate! It was a great journey through JCLA - meeting new people and opportunity to meet with people in the working world, conduct projects, helping the community and of course, to learn with everyone.

...the 1st badge of JCLA...

Looking forward for our graduation ceremony during the Awards Ceremony this year. Hope to meet everyone again soon!


No.5 - Graduate from Curtin University
Two years four semesters passed! And I am now officially a Degree Undergraduate!
How much I have learnt all these years and how many people I've met along the way. There are just so much memories we've shared for the past two years and words can't even describe it. Ups and downs throughout the years but friendship will never end.

...Catherine, my housemate...

...the drinking friends...

...the camera girls...

...Project Care...

Looking forward to my Convocation Ceremony in April for my regalia and certificate, and of course to catch up with everyone again!


No. 6 - Traveling to many places
Got my passport after 10 years and the first stamp was for Brunei. It was my first trip down to Brunei and it was a great one-day-road-trip with Catherine. Been to so many places in Brunei without getting lost that much. Not to mention the sumptuous dinner meal we had at Empire Hotel!

...the first stamp in my passport...

...sunset at Empire Hotel, Brunei...

It was then to our long awaited backpacking trip in West Malaysia after our semester. We had had the plan for months and finally we executed the plan. Though we had to cancel our trip to Philippines, we had a great time traveling in West Malaysia to many places, taking many photographs and leaving many footprints and memories.

...Cameron Highland...

...Langkawi...

...Perhentian Island...

...Ipoh...

It was a wonderful trip everywhere and no doubt, there will be more trips to come!
to Cath: the bet on my 25th birthday is still on!
*smiles*


No. 7 - I'm a Diver
After much contemplation, I finally picked up the courage to overcome my fear of water and took up my open water diving license training with Kuching Scuba Centre. It was a long 5 days course with theory, practical and exam and I passed!

...my dive card...

More dive trips to come! First to conquer all the 'divable' islands in Malaysia and it's off to other islands and dive sites around the world. Will definitely work hard to be an Underwater Photographer and Videographer on day!


No.8 - Conquer Mountains
Never I expected myself to actually climbed mountains but yes I did! The first climb was Mount Lambak in Kluang, Johor. And soon, it was off for more climbs. Though it was very challenging (especially without proper mountain hiking gears), but the satisfaction of reaching the peak of the mountain is just wonderful!

...view from Gunung Lambak, Johor...

...view from Gunung Keriang, Kedah...

...view from Gunung Jerai, Kedah...
(click to enlarge)

More mountains to climb.
And of course, the main target (for now) is Mount Kinabalu.


No.9 - First job after Graduation
Signed up for my first job after graduation in August for a TV Drama Series for Astro Citra. It was an outstation project in Ipoh where we were required to stay in Ipoh for 2 months for the shoots. It was a tough project but I learnt a lot through it. No doubt that there are so much stress and it was tiring (until I ended up in the hospital), but I am glad that I was involved with this project from the start.

...the production team...

What's next in my career? I am eager to find out myself.


2009 was a blast.
I hope that 2010 will be another blast with adventures, experiences and memories that I will never forget.

Looking forward to the New Year!
New Resolutions!

Happy New Year 2010!

No comments: