Friday, January 30, 2009

A Very Wet Chinese New Year

It started raining weeks before Chinese New Year and how I wish it actually stopped during Chinese New Year. I guess, what we were all afraid off is the flood, again~ coz the tides for the whole week of CNY are high. So heavy rain + high tides = flooding!


I was having a tough bus ride home and was only in Kuching at 4am on CNY eve. Good thing was I had a whole 8 hours of sleep before the whole afternoon of helping Mum to prepare our home-cook reunion dinner. Grandma and Aunty Ling came by for the dinner which started pretty early. 


And, it was time to sleep until 11.30pm where I woke up with sleepy eyes and my camera to snap photos of the fireworks that eve. Dad bought a long fire cracker and we too had our fair share of noises that midnight.

...the fire cracker Dad bought...



The next morning: Day 1 of CNY
Everyone in the family woke up extremely early for church...well, it was in mandarin so we couldn't sing or pray much, but we followed the flow and had 2 oranges each. And soon, after mass, it was off to Grandmama's house for my favorite dish! :) no way I miss this dish every year~ It wasn't much of a visiting this time around. Went over to some relatives and old family friends' houses and we were all worn off...

...CNY decorations in the church...

...camwhoring coz all the pictures my brother took of me all BLUR!...


Day 2 of CNY
As usual, my family has a tradition of Open House with lots of home-cook food. It was another early morning up to help Mum with the food and it was a busy day...and this time around, Aaron had a group of friends swarming at one time -.-" It was my turn to go out and have some fun that night. Adrienne, Elizabeth and Nick dropped by and we decided to go for dinner at Junk and later for a glass of beer at Junk Bar... I love the place~

...Aaron's bunch of friends from Blessed Sacrament Caroling...


Day 3 of CNY
It was a whole day at home and only until the evening, it was a blast of a reunion. It had been years since we ALL met up together: Adeline, Tiffany, Tracy, Cindy and I...too bad Jessica couldn't make it. Well, 5 out of 8 is good enough :) It was crazy...and I mean CRAZY! First stop, Cindy's house and later for dinner at Memories and then my house and lastly, Adeline's house. How funny it is to have parents calling us to make sure we are back home not so late in the night...hahahahaha...

...Adeline and I with my Ceaser Salad...

...told Tracy to look elsewhere, mana tau she look at my camera...

...that's the crazy bunch of ex-Teresians...


Day 4 of CNY
One long day at home, worried about the non-stop heavy rain and the flood. It was until later in the evening that Dad couldn't take it 'doing-nothing-sitting-and-sleeping' at home the whole day so we decided to go The Spring for a walk and later Aaron and I for bowling!

...Aaron happily winning the 2nd game...
 
...that's me!...

...Mum and Dad laughing at both of us...


Day 5 of CNY
Time pass really fast and it's already the 5th day. Today, Jessica Lim (a long time piano and secondary school friend) and I went back to our ole' 'sweet' memories by visiting our piano teacher, Sophia. It reminded us how badly we were both scared every Thursday morning to attend the class and even until now, we were still having big gulps to give our teacher a call...

...cam whoring in the car...


It's five days passed Chinese New Year: the year of the Golden Ox. It is a wet and cold new year for all Kuching'nikians. Another 10 days to Chap Goh Mei and counting...

No comments: