Tuesday, January 6, 2009

8 Greatest and Memorable Memories in 2008

Took me days to travel 'back to the future' to get this list. The 8 greatest and memorable memories in 2008. Here goes (it's all going to be just words):

1. Lot 3946, Senadin
I was out from a small sharing room in Lakeside Apartment to a house in Senadin! Yea~! The house was and is still like a home to me in Miri; with a kitchen that we barely cook, a washing machine that growls, a fridge and a cupboard which will be stocked up once in a while, especially with Maggie Mee and of course Nescafe!, a living room with lots of sofas and tables, a study room with aircond and all the necessary gadgets for work and bedroom with my stuffs...and not forgetting Catherine, a future engineer housemate!

2. MacBook Pro
I'm a proud owner of a 15" MacBook Pro with all the softwares I need to do my edits. I'm still trying to figure out how to use some applications in my Mac... Well, that crosses out another gadget to have in my list, and that leaves a HD/3CCD Professional Video Camcorder to be added soon.

3. Best Holiday Ever~
I had the best holiday ever; stepping foot on islands, snorkeling, parasailing... and best of all, staying in a hotel just right next to the largest shopping centre in Kota Kinabalu! It was an unforgettable 5 days in KK. My next trip to KK is to conquer Mount Kinabalu! Along after the KK holiday was the very long bus ride to Sibu for a night and another very long bus ride to Kuching.

4. Project Care
A community service project targeted to create a sustainable development in a rural village; Long Makabar. I'm honored to work with seven leaders in this team; Catherine, Ming Yi, Gerain, Suhas, Johan, Shahul and Kairul. Eventhough we only knew each other through JCLA, but the team efforts and team work are just great. Hoping that our first pilot project will be a successful one!

5. Hezekiah's Rhythm (Irama Tradisional)
It was from a suggestion from Adrienne, to a project proposal pitch, to a group; Amy, Stephanie, Jasmine and I, to scripts, to pre-productions, to shoots, to edits and now, awaiting for news in Program Karyawan Muda RTM. It was a surprise that our lecturer chose Hezekiah's Rhythm as a project to participate in the competition. For now, its awaiting for 'Irama Tradisional' to re-show again in RTM to be on the run for the second round of the competition.

6. Rainforest World Music Festival 2008
Finally, was a volunteer for RWMF 2008 after years of wanting to either volunteer or to attend the festival. Had 3 nights of free accommodation in Santubong Resort with a daily allowance of RM25 and of course, free 3 days passes to the festival! Lucky me, my working shift as a gatekeeper was morning for the first and last day and night for the second day. So, I enjoyed the concert especially the final night with beers and rain!

7. Conquered Miri
What's there to explore in Miri, you might ask. There's so much to explore in Miri and so far, I have conquered quite a lot in my list. Camping at Lambir Hills National Park, stayed and shot a documentary at Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort, the beautiful beaches along the coastal of Miri, Canada Hill for sunset and sunrise, Miri Crocodile Farm, etc...oh, and not forgetting Niah Cave! ...well, there are more to come!

8. Actively involved in Curtin
Started as an unofficial photographer for Curtin Volunteers! and later to official photographer/videographer for Student Council. Later decided to set up an event journalism club called AppleBox Pictures to cover events in Curtin. Then was accepted to John Curtin Leadership Academy with lots of workshops and project works to do... another one more semester and I'll complete my degree~ So, will be as active as possible when I'm still around in Curtin!


2008 was a year with lots of ups and downs, but every journey I take is a new experience. There are many things that even words cannot express. It was a great journey last year...and I know it will be another great journey this year.

2 comments:

ian-ization said...

You mean back to the pass right? Hehe.... Great achievement...

kaYren said...

yea...but u know the movie 'back to the future'? they actually go back to the pass but the title of the movie is back to the future...heheheheh.... forgot to reference...