Saturday, January 17, 2009

EMPOWERED 1st Meeting of 2009

I heard about EMPOWERED Youth Ministry from my brother, Aaron. We missed the New Year's Eve BreakFree Dance Party last year. So the meeting for 2009 finally started yesterday, 16th January 2009.

Adeline and I decided to go for it. Well, we were once very active in Young Christian Student (YCS), so no harm going for EMPOWERED. Met a few people whom we knew as our 'seniors' in secondary school and also some 'juniors' too! *we feel so old!*


We registered ourselves and joined the Praise and Worship session. It was almost similar to Catholic Student Society (CSS) in Curtin's Praise and Worship. Good thing the songs we sang are familiar to me. I wasn't much of a 'so-the-jiwang' kindda person at first, only until the song 'I Offer My life' which we sang basically at all sessions during the night, came out. In the end, I got a little 'jiwang'. Hahahahaha...

...it was outside the St. Joseph Parish Centre...

We had a talk, 'Learning to Lean' where we had an activity where one will be the rider and one the passenger of a motorbike. Everyone had a good laugh.

...the boys in front of us when we were doing the 'motorcycle' activity...

And there was the January Babies birthday cake too!

...the January babies...

It was a nice gathering although Adeline and I barely know the people there (what more to say they are like secondary school kids!). What I felt after the gathering was something I long to feel for a long time - my shoulders were lifted: a relief.

Hope that I'll be able to make it to the upcoming meetings every Friday (at least until I return to Miri)!

No comments: