Monday, January 26, 2009

The One HELL of a 'Getting-Back-in-Time-for-CNY' Trip!

I had a meeting to attend to in Miri on the 23rd January 2009, so I had to arrange my flights to and fro and to make sure that I'll be back home in time for CNY reunion dinner. This was the most hectic and stressful arrangements I've ever made.

Took a flight from Kuching to Miri on the 22nd January at 7pm. There were so many people checking-in, stand-bys in the airport and I was worried that the security might stop me from carrying my backpack coz it was huge~! Anyway, I managed to get through and was walking to Gate 3 where they announced that the gate is changed to Gate 6! Deng~ it was far! But, I was one of the few who boarded the plane first: got a front seat, had the aero-bridge working too!

...been ages since I last went over to this side of the airport...

...KIA at night...

Reached Miri, specifically reach home at 9pm after picking up my rental car in the airport upon arrival. Well, it was a white plate manual kancil...first time driving a white plate vehicle. I have prepared myself to climb through the fence to get into the house as I wasn't sure whether I have the key for the gate lock, so I tried a couple of times and finally gave up. Looked around and managed to find the aunty living opposite my house and told her that I'll be climbing over the fence for the next couple of days. 'Mana tau, someone saw me climb in and call the police. Later free curry rice~'

The next day was another one hell of a day: stepped on dog shit after jumping too far off the fence, had to settle my units and results with the Student Service, prepare extra copies of the proposal, pipe burst (...it was one shitty day...) The meeting I had went on smoothly and it sounded like we're getting a deal, one big deal! Well, it was worth all the hussel for me to get back to Miri for this meeting. I had a good dinner with Sharon at Jing Wood before continuing my night with a meeting.

...my notes for the meeting...

...my bagpack, my luggage, my mum's nikon coolpix and me...

Packed my things and went to the bus station for my 1pm bus from Miri to Kuching. It was one hell of a long journey back home; wasn't my first time, but it was my first time alone. Couldn't sleep at all in the bus and I was starving since my last meal the night before until 1am where I found a burger stall open.

...the bus I boarded...

...my RM80.00 but 15 hours ride ticket...

...the mp3 that kept me company the whole way...


1.00pm - Leave Miri
2.30pm - Reach Batu Niah
4.30pm - Reach Bintulu
7.10pm - Reach Selangau
9.00pm - Reach Sibu
10.40pm - Reach Sarikei
1.00 am - Reach Sungai Tujuh
4.00am - Reach Kuching


...trucks everywhere at Batu Niah...

...Bintulu station...

...the toll exiting Sibu...

Mum and Dad picked me up from the station and off I went for a bowl of kolo mee at 4am and back home to sleep until 2.30pm. It wasn't fun at all! anyway, at least I'm back home in time for the reunion dinner...and I swear I'm not going to have another trip like this anymore! 

NO MORE BUS RIDE!!!

No comments: