Saturday, March 22, 2008

A long day in Miri~

Okay, it's my second post on Miri... *hmph* Anyway, it's the beginning of my study free week for this semester and this time, I have decided that I cannot go back Kuching because I have tons of assignments due and exams and quizes the week after that.

It's Saturday and I woke up at 8am and got ready 45 minutes later and headed out for breakfast at 2020 with Catherine. Plan was to go to Miri Library to get some books as well as get information for my research paper for MCI 101. Breakfast was Laksa~! *yum yum* Drove to the library to only find out that it opens at 11am... So we took a ride to the old Miri Library and to my surprise, it opens at 8am! After a look in the library, we went to Bintang Plaza and decided to watch a movie...


10,000 BC directed by Ronald Emmerich is a prehistoric epic that follows a young mammoth hunter's journey through uncharted territory to secure the future of his tribe. It is a 109 minutes movie which was overall a great one and a similar one to a movie I watched last year (I can't remember the title). The funny thing about the movie was... no.1, the digi advertisement with the yellow duck in it. no.2, one of the character's name in 10,000BC was Ka'ren. sigh~ Well, Catherine made fun of both this 'co-incidental' visuals we saw in the cinema...

After movie was a trip to the library again and after that was back home. At about 5.30pm, we headed down to Taman Bulatan and had a jog there before heading to Pasar Malam to grab dinner...

...A good way to start off the 'not free week' study free week holiday...

No comments: