Monday, March 10, 2008

Election 2008

The 2008 election was one of the biggest news in local television and newspaper as 5 states lost to the oppositions. Kelantan, Penang, Kedah, Selangor and Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur is now under the governance of the opposition. This is news!!!

I was never fond of getting news about election but the 2008 election was like a bomb to most of us because the results were shocking. Election Day was on the 8th March 2008 and cars with BN or DAP flags could be seen on the road in Miri. I was excited myself to vote but I was not in time to register and was not in Kuching during the election. sigh~ will have to wait for another 5 years before casting my vote...

News were broadcast all over television that night and the day after with headlines such as 'Step down, Dr. M tells Abdullah', 'Three menteri besar from PAS, one each from DAP and PKR',...and lots more. Things change drastically since the election.

See what's more to come!

No comments: