Friday, January 4, 2008

A mountain to remember 2007

In a blink of an eye, a year has gone. I am another year older, another year wiser, another year more experienced in life. 2007 was an amazing year; laughter, anger, stress, happiness... there is just too much to say. Each year goes by with so many changes around me and changes in me. I grew up a lot; mature as most would say, with more knowledge and experiences getting into my brain, and 2007 was the year I learn a whole new meaning in life.

I had a good celebration with a friend from college at The Curve the night before 2007 and stayed overnight at TV3. It was back to work the day after and work was all I have throughout 6 months of 2007. Many things happened during that 6 months. Workload was overwhelmed to handle, stress was normal, multitasking was new, accidents happened and I was at my breakdown stage where nothing matters to me anymore. I soon suffered from 'short term memory loss' after a 15kg light fell 5 feet down on my head - I never want to stand under anything above my head ever again! As time passed during my work, colleagues became friends, friends became enemies... I met many people around me, people who gave me many impressions about them, people whom I owed my heart to, people whom made me realize that there were nothing like a friend. And by the end of my contract, I realized that there was something for me there, something that I have been longing for, but I had to go...

I bid farewell to a place I called home and moved to a place I called Mars. I continued my studies in Curtin University, with only a hope to have a better place to stay with better people to meet and better environment. But all hope was lost when people around me were nothing like a friend, when the environment restrict me to things that I want to do. My time line in university was nothing but four walls in my room, with sleepless nights and mountains of assignments. There was no goal to achieve, no people whom I can trust - only an emptiness somewhere in me. I was suddenly diagnosed with Osteoarthritis as well.

I prayed every night for things to get better, and finally my prayers were answered. God sent me friends whom I can trust, God gave me a clear mind to see my future, God protected me from my fears...and soon, I found something that I will cherish forever and something which made my spirits roaming with joy. Yes! I found a place I called home, strangers whom I called families. I strive for my studies and was glad to have the results which I had hoped to achieve.

It was holiday again and I was back home. Kuching was waiting for me, but this time, I long to be far away from home. I turned 21 and Christmas was around the corner. I loved the days before the new year came. I had all the fun that I never had. I shared many things which I never shared. New year eve was something I will remember, something that kick starts a great 2008 for me.

2007 is and will always be the year that changed my life inside out...memories which can only be kept in me. I prayed that I'll never forget and I prayed that the new year will be another year to remember...

Happy New Year!

No comments: