Saturday, January 5, 2008

The 7 achievements in 2007

2007
The biggest 7 achievements throughout 2007 are:

One: Graduated from my Diploma
Three years later, I finally completed my diploma course in Malaysia Institute of Integrative Media (Academy TV3) in February after completing my 3 months internship in Red Communications. At least my highest academic qualification is a DIPLOMA for now...but am still waiting for my graduation ceremony which might be in 2008.

Two: Work!
Was offered a 4 months contract in Red Communication for three projects namely; Please Give Me A Job, Bernafas Dalam Lumpur and Gol & Gincu Season 2.

Three: Becoming an Assistant Director
Assistant Director on my first month of work? Yeap, I became an Assistant Director for two big projects which gave me a really good start in the industry. Although it was a difficult moment for me to cope with the workload and stress, it was an opportunity of a lifetime. Having great people around me, teaching me, guiding me through my work, I learn so much and I am grateful to be given this golden opportunity.

Four: Paycheck
My first paycheck was like heaven! This was my first time receiving a paycheck containing four digit numbers in it. I was always looking forward to the last week of the month to receive my monthly paycheck...

Five: My SLR camera
I bought myself a Nikon D40 SLR camera with my 4 months paycheck with a chipped-in money from my dad as well. Thanks, dad! *snap snap snap* I went around Kuching to take photos with my new camera. Next target - Sony HDV video camera.

Six: Curtin University, Miri campus
Gain admission to Curtin University Sarawak campus for Degree in Mass Communication (Film & Television + Media, Communication & Information) and majoring in Marketing. I was the only new student in my class as I was given a year exemption. Will be finishing my course by July 2009. The environment was different, the people were different as well, but I am grateful and glad to meet many new friends.

Surprisingly, I joined many clubs, namely Catholic Student Society, Creative Inspiration, Toastmaster and Press Club. I was a member of Hakuna Matata in the Futsal Competition and represented CSS for Bowling Competition. I also did some video production for Curtin Idol preliminary round and went for a long one week editing for John Curtin Weekend's Rumah Ampik trip.

Seven: First overnight stay in a longhouse
YESH! I'm sad to say that I'm a Sarawakian who never been to a longhouse before. *Claps* I just did! Volunteered for John Curtin Weekend to Rumah Ampik for a two days one night stay. It was an amazing trip I ever had. There were some changes on which house I was posted to but finally, I was heading to Rumah Ampik; a half an hour ride from Senadin - very near!

Amazingly, my foster family was the Tuai Rumah's family along with Angeline and Catherine. We had more tuaks than community works. We had tuaks from lunch to the next day before departing the longhouse.

The families there were great. I also had the opportunity to dress up in their traditional costumes during the VIP session. We had karaoke session as well and ngajat was the main event throughout the trip with the 'tree chopping sesssion'. We had our second trip back to the longhouse two weeks after.

More achievements to come in 2008!

No comments: