Friday, November 9, 2007

MIIM



MIIM

aka

Malaysia Institute of Integrative Media

(formerly known as Academy TV3)


I was a student here in this college. I was someone who was stupidly enough to enrol myself in this college. I was naive enough to be in this college.

But, I was glad that I went there to study because this college had taught me a lot about being independent and being strong in life. I went through 3 years of hell there in KL, but, these 3 years of hell made me to be someone who is psychology, physically and mentally strong.

Today, after a year leaving the college, many things happened. I heard many news about the college being bankrupt, mortgage, sold... *I haven't got my Diploma certificate yet! So don't shut the college down!!! Wait!!!*

Well, so that was the news. But, all I can say is that MIIM was a hell of a place to study because 90% of the people there are lazy-bones, whereas only 10% of the people there work their ass off to get credits. Somehow, the 90% get more credits than the 10%.

Projects were great. We learn a hell lot of things there; mostly practical. We learn all about cameras, lightings, audios, designs, multimedias... Work was oookkkllllaaa... Our finals are only 40% coz we have 60% of practical works and assignments. That was the cool part about MIIM.

There's only one cafeteria which sells the same food everyday - fast food! We had no choice but to eat there or we take a ride to Carrefour for more choices. So, food was very limited. Especially when it's 'Bulan Puasa' where the cafeteria is closed for a month! Come on, people~! There are other people there who are eating! I know, I know, the college is like 90% dominated by the Malays but the authorities have to think about the other 10%!

We have only 5 floors. Everything is in one building. No doubt that the building looks very grand from the outside, sitting on top of a hill, but, the inside...hmm...it's rubbish. We see everyone, everywhere and everytime. One library, two computer labs - only for MIIM students, one cafeteria, one studio and one IMC. Pathetic~! By the way, we share the same place with another group of students from another different college...so, they have much more priority compared to MIIM students. Everything is theirs, that's for sure...

Above all that I critic, I met a lot of friends there who 50% are good friends, 50% are bad friends. I learn to make a difference about friendship there.

To the 50% of my good friends: "I miss you guys!"

To the 50% of my bad friends: "I wish you well!"

So long and goodbye to MIIM...



*I still want my diploma certificate and better make sure I have them by February 2008!*

1 comment:

max k said...

Hi Kayren!

Guess you heard the news huh? So stupid...

I also hope to get my diploma soon.

Neways, don't worry about it k. We'll fight for our diplomas here. They can't just forfeit our sijils like that. It's criminal. After all the money we paid.

Let's keep each other updated k. And yea, you were one of my 'good' friends. ;p C'ya!