Thursday, November 15, 2007

a flight to remember

15th November 2007
8.35am

My flight bound for Kuching was rescheduled twice from the origin time which was supposed to be at 2.30pm to 11.30am to 8.30am. Other than screwing up my plans, I was glad to be able to go home earlier.

It was a flight to remember. I never had such an experience flying before ever since I started flying 12 times a year since 2004.

I woke up in Cath's car, right outside the airport. It took me a while to get myself on my feet and went over to the counter for check-in. My luggage overweight 3kg and I had to pay RM30 for it. I was so broke and all that was left in my pocket was RM10. After checking in, Cath and I went for coffee in the airport. We were supposed to head to Riam for coffee but I wasn't able to walk any further anymore. The coffee did woke me up a little. Then it was time to get my hand luggage and head to the departure hall for boarding. I bid farewell to my friend and went into the hall and waited; staring blankly on the floor for 10 minutes. The announcement came and everyone lined up to board the plane. It took a while before my queue moved. As I approached the door, I had a sudden feeling that I was going to faint. I could barely see anything around me and the sounds were ringing in my ears. I quickly took a sit and eased myself for 5 minutes and continued my walk towards the airplane. I sank on the seat and closed my eyes and later I was about to vomit. I asked for plastic bag from the flight attendant and held it closely with me. I had chewing gum in my mouth throughout the whole flight and I woke up in Kuching. I carried both my heavy bags and stopped for a seat twice before reaching the luggage hall. I pushed a trolley and sat there, waiting for my luggage. After taking them, I went outside and called my mum and quickly threw everything into the car and left the airport. Just a minute away from the airport, my mum stopped the car and finally, I threw up. ~It was a relieve~

I reached home and sank into bed until 2.30pm. It was such an experience for me...

No comments: