Friday, August 3, 2007

After 4 years leaving YCS

Some may not know what YCS is. YCS is called Young Christian Students. It's like a curriculum club students from Form 1 to Form 5 will probably join. I was a YCSer since Form 1, was being expose to YCS since Primary 5.

So, I left YCS as a Music Minister, in charge of Praise and Worship session for 4 years now and I really miss doing what I did. Just because I wanted to be Praise and Worship minister, I actually made myself; forced myself to learn to play guitar so I successfully know how to play and led the YCS with songs for 2 years.

Back to my story...
So, I have no exposure on Catholic clubs anymore since I left for KL which was in 2004 and the saddest part was I never went for Sunday Mass in KL at all! I was lost in my religion for 3 years! I only went for Mass whenever I am back home in Kuching. There were noone like me when I was studying in KL. It was a very alone time for me.

So now, in Curtin, lucky for me, there is a Catholic club; Catholic Student Society and we had our first meeting today; Friday, 3rd August. It was fun! The fun that I had missed for 3 years! We had Praise and Worship, Games and Food! Well, it's nice being back where I was before in high school. After the meeting, I just felt the weight lifted from my shoulder. It was something that I hadn't felt in years...

No comments: