Tuesday, January 11, 2011

KIA Closed!


Wonder why I have that photo in this post? The AirAsia Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching late Monday night skidded off the runway...this is the photo of that accident. And because of this, all flights to Kuching and leaving Kuching are cancelled and Kuching International Airport is closed for the day.

Why am I posting this? I am stuck in Kuching and have missed my 6.10am flight on Tuesday morning to Kota Kinabalu. I went to the airport and found out that all flights are cancelled and the earliest flight out is at 10.50pm but it is a stand-by flight. I changed the time and came back to the airport again at 1.00pm to check and still there isn't any good news.

Now, as I'm posting this post, I'm sitting at home waiting to go to the airport to see whether the stand-by flight is flying or not.

I cancelled a job interview, cancelled a meet-up with a friend, put my hotel on hold (not to mention I'm still paying), putting my dives tomorrow on hold as well. HAIH!

No comments: