Thursday, January 20, 2011

Completed! Certified!

I started with my Emergency First Response course on 13th January 2011 with Diverse Borneo in Kota Kinabalu. The plan of taking up the courses happened months before and finally, it happened!

Spent an entire day in the office; first with readings and knowledge reviews with the book and then an hour plus of DVD to watch before lunch. The afternoon later, was filled with practical training; hands-on on CPR, bandagings, AED, ketchup gloves challenge. The class ended at about 6pm that evening.

I received the Rescue Diver manual that evening and had to read up on Chapter 1 for the next day's dive training...and...I dozed off after completing the knowledge review for the first chapter.

The next day was awesome! I went out with Gina, Matthew and Alex who were doing their Open Water course while I did my Rescue Diver course. It was more to refreshing my skills I did in Open Water. Had a really bad sunburn that morning before leaving back to the office to do my EFR exams and continue with an 88 minutes DVD watching at Coffee Bean with a cup of Americano and later with readings and knowledge review through the night.

Day 2 of dives with Ian was fun! I had to learn all the skills to rescue responsive and non-responsive divers on the surface and in the water and I completed everything before lunch. So, Ian and I went out for a fun dive at Mid Reef with the other divers later in the afternoon.

Day 3 of dives was rather short and simple. We started with a 20 minutes bubble while waiting for my 'victim'. I finished up the rest of the training and redo one part of it where I carried Ian out of the water to the beach...and I did it! *awesomeness* I went back to office to do my Rescue Diver exam and I passed with flying colours! I had to finish an assignment - Emergency Action Plan - and finally I completed the course and is a Certified Rescue Diver!

2 days in class, 3 days in dive, a deep cut on my middle left finger, a bad coral scratch on my right knee, a very bad burn on my face, hands and legs

Everything is worth it!

Next stop: DIVE MASTER

No comments: