Monday, November 1, 2010

The Worse Shooting Experience

And I thought, learning from different people will be something good and useful, but then again, learning from idiots will make you an idiot too. It's only Day 3 of shoot and things are breaking up into pieces. All the hard work everyone put in does not make the shoot go smoothly...all because of one person.

It's been 2 months since I started in this project. It was a long pre-production where I went out on my own to jungles, to deep interiors and small towns to look for locations, as far as Bukit Beruntung. I was told many times not to go on my own, but my request to have a Production Assistant was being ignored even until today's shoot. A small matter of having an assistant was such an issue and until today, it was never solved. How do you expect me to work professionally when that one person is being such a kid - making everything so personal just because you are 'DA BOSS!'

There's another 27 more days to go and I wonder how long I can stand working in such conditions. Last night was hell of a night and I don't ever want to have another breakdown like I had last night. Having to slam my fist on the brick wall isn't great. The pain is still there. I had to spend all day, lying on my bed, throwing out after my meals and bearing the pain on my chest...and even so, I had more calls and sms telling me that things are still not settled even though it was apparently 'settled' last night.

Why are there so much lies in this production?

I am truly honored to have friends who help each one through this shoot. Without them, I won't be able to continue this torture. I want to finish this shoot. I want to finish it with a smile.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments: