Monday, November 15, 2010

spirits O spirits

Never expected how powerful spirits are until...

14th November 2010, Bukit Beruntung.
We were shooting one scene that very evening at the workshop which is located at the corner of an abandoned shop lot. It was raining heavily and we had to find shelter for our canteen and our makeup and wardrobe. We arrived; Naz and I went around looking for a place and there we found, just 2 shops down our set, an empty space - so nice, comfortable, clean and spacious - and immediately we went in and set our canteen there. It was only after sun down that we realized something was wrong. The crews helped us to lit the place up with their lights. When they tested it outside at the corridor, the light works...and when they brought the lights in, it didn't work. It took them close to an hour to figure out what went wrong - to changing the lights, to changing the cables, to test it with test pens - nothing was wrong, but the light didn't seem to turn on! It was until Lynn came up to me and asked me, 'Did you ask permission to come in this place?' My heart stopped and I then realized my mistake. I waited until everyone cleared the place and went into the dark empty space, took our my rosary and prayed. As soon as I finished praying, the light went ON!

How powerful spirits are...I wonder.

That night taught me a good lesson.

NEVER INVADE PLACES!

2 comments:

Angelique d'Angoulême said...

hey~!! my goodness.. that is so unbelievable.. But i am glad that your shooting went well :)

Tiffany said...

i never thought of asking permissions from spirits before entering any places....hmmmmm