Thursday, December 24, 2009

Xmas Eve Outing

I love to be home~ Why? Because I can sleep all I want, that's why! *smiles*
I know my mum will be reading this but...she'll be the one waking me up every morning and tell me that the sun is already on top of my head.

I woke up at 9am, showered and deng~ it was so cold. It's been raining since the night before. Mum and I had brunch at a place her friend, Aunty Alice recommended, and we had - Hakka Lui Cha! Tell you honestly, I do not like to eat this dish coz the tea smell is very strong... but, this particular Lui Cha is nice!!! *except when it comes to too much tea in it lah~*

...the Lui Cha...

Mum then accompanied me to the Sarawak Museum Office at Dewan Tun Abdul Razak to submit a letter to the Director for permission to access the Museum Archives and Library for a research I'm working on. I met with the Deputy Director who is kind enough to provide me with not only the permission, but loads of information on the topics we are currently working not and also some suggestions to other topics that we can cover.

I then drove to Gambier Street to see how things have changed since I last visited the place. There was a massive change in that old street! *eyes were wide open when I saw* The old market had been torn down, the taxi area is gone, and not to mention two rows of 4 shops were burnt down just two days ago....................

...the burnt down shops...

Was sadden with the 'destruction' of these old buildings in Kuching city - well, I am appreciating old buildings, cars, and anything that is antique.

The rain poured.
Mum and I went to Upwell to send something for carving and got a light meal at Junction Cafe and look at what I had........

...a very tall burger that I had to use fork and knife to eat...

After the meal, I sent mum home and packed my laptop and headed to the library across river for a one hour research. There were a few people in the section and I was rushing against time to finish up what I can and also to finish up my photocopy credit in the card...hahahaha... not wasting a single cent~

I drove down to dad's shop to pick him up from work.

...a shot of Padungan...

It's Christmas Eve!
Midnight mass...here I come!

No comments: