Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Weekend in the Library

Yes, I spent my weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) in the library... two libraries to be exact; the National Library and Petaling Jaya Community Library. I love the libraries:
1. It's cozy
2. It's huge
3. It's organized
4. It's quiet
5. It's wi-fi'ed....and it's fast!

Day 1
I took a train from Kelana Jaya and interchanged another to Titiwangsa and a taxi to reach the library. It is so far away from where I'm staying~ But, it was worth traveling down to the library to get books to read, rather than rotting myself at home. Signed up as a member for FREE! and went grabbing six books and a magazine, turned on my laptop and go online, read and take notes, photocopied some pictures, sneaked some food into my stomach and left at 3.30pm.

Day 2
I took a train to Taman Jaya and waited for half an hour for the Feeder Bus but ended up taking a cab to Assumption Church, next to Assunta Hospital. Attended the 11.15am mass (and this is like the first time I attended mass since I came here 2 months ago!) Then I took a 5 minutes walk to the library, only to find out that non-members cannot bring their laptops in. To be a member, I'll have to sign up and pay RM31! ...bloody expensive... So, I decided to just go up and check on their books and wrote whatever is important.

...hmm...
I think I know where to go next time for a quiet weekend..........

...THE LIBRARY!

No comments: