Friday, September 4, 2009

Of Hungry Ghost Festival and a spoil Sim Card!

I never actually bothered about Hungry Ghost Festival. I rather not know when is the exact date/day of the event, coz I'll be so afraid when the clock turns 12am. After hearing lots of stories from the elders, family and friends, I tend to be so afraid of that one particular day of the year.

Dogs howl. Goosebumps everywhere.

It has been years since I actually knew when Hungry Ghost Festival is...until this year. I thought for a moment that the day passes by just like any other day. I was on the job and had to arrange for a recce on the 3rd September 2009 (Tuesday). Jia Vern (the Production Coordinator for this project) and I had to scout an old, abandoned hospital in Jalan Pudu. Mum had already told me to reschedule the recce if possible, but, we had no other days to go down for the recce...and so we did.

Jia Vern and I went to the hospital that very afternoon (the day of the Hungry Ghost Festival). A man brought us around the hospital, specifically on the 1st and 2nd floor as those two floors are abandoned. The moment I stepped foot into the hospital, goosebumps were everywhere! I had these uneasy feelings throughout the whole recce in the hospital. There were no lights and we had to find the light switch in the dark! The beds were old, dirty and some even had blood on them! ...wonder what happened until it was abandoned that way... even the operation room was still exactly the same with the operation bed, operation lights, and all the machines.

We hurriedly finish up the recce that afternoon and left the hospital. The moment I stepped out from the hospital, I ran down with a fever and my body was aching so badly that I couldn't move my neck left and right. It got worse and we hurriedly drove back to the office.

I bought myself dinner and went back home and took a shower and sprinkled Holy Water on me (I know I was being too paranoid but I do not want to take this thing lightly~). I took a panadol and went to sleep with my Bible and Rosary next to me........... and was later haunted with nightmares - I was in the hospital looking at the 'things' in it. I was glad that none of the 'things' came and disturb me in the dream.

The next day... I was out from the fever but my shoulders and neck were aching. I do hope that everything will be over soon...

What could possible be worse than this right???

Since that afternoon, my cellphone has been acting up. There was no network but it was full bar. I could not call out and no one can call me as well. I can't text and can't receive text as well. I thought it'll be fine the next day, but up until now, I have been unable to access my 013 for 28 hours!

Looks like I may have to find a time to get to CELCOM office to get it fix!

Of Hungry Ghost Festival and a spoil CELCOM Sim Card!

*I should have listen to my mother's advice to reschedule the recce in the first place*

No comments: