Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Recce in Penang

Had a very long recce weekend last week. We started off on Thursday to Perak and spent a night in Ipoh before another long day in Taiping. I *proudly announced* that I drove from Taiping to Penang, and crosses the Penang Bridge!

...a work of art I found on the jetty...

No doubt (after driving in Penang), that Penang drivers are insane! But, as long as you pass driving in Penang, you can drive anywhere in Malaysia...and technically, I passed!

...the Canon SLR I had for the recce...

We spent 2 days 2 nights in Penang for a recce. I enjoyed the food as much as I enjoyed Ipoh's food, and this time, I get to see a whole lot of new places in Penang. It was an experience staying in Cathay Hotel; an old mansion turned hotel. Although there were problems with the aircond (which can only be turned off by the uncle downstairs) and the hot water (which burns like nobody's business), it was a great time.

...the stairways leading to the rooms...

There's so much to see, so much to taste and so much pictures to take.
It was a wonderful working/traveling weekend.

...at a Jetty, overlooking Georgetown...

...the Blue Mansion surrounded by tall skyscrapers...

-Hope to have another trip down to Penang-

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

eh, did you look for Yogi there? hehehe

kaYren said...

no...i was working... will look for her if im there for a holiday....hehe