Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leaving for Long Makabar

A day more before leaving for Long Makabar... excited... 

For the first time ever, I'm going on a documentary shoot for something other than my assignments and work. Something which I really wanted to do. Something which I want people to see. Something which I want people to appreciate - the communities in the village - away from the busy city streets and stressful environment.

Heading for Long Makabar excites all eight of us in Project Care. We have been planning this trip ever since we formed the group and decided on Long Makabar as the village we plan to help in our fundraising campaign. 

Up until 3pm, we have collected RM2600 for this trip. Another RM200 to cover our transportation expenses and we hope to achieve it by tomorrow, a day before departing. Kairul and Johan were off for some grocery shopping to stock up our supply for 4 days 3 nights there. Ming Yi, Shahul, Suhas and Gerain worked hard to get donations from Curtin communities. Catherine and I were busy sorting out matters especially on Curtin Carnival and Pustaka Miri Exhibition before leaving. Everyone in this team worked hard... *big thanks to all the hardworking, dedicated team in Project Care*

Assignments, all done... (for the sake of going to Long Makabar). Preparing, packing and final sorting out of things with the other team, Fortissimo for Curtin Carnival. 

Counting down..........

p/s: I am unreachable for 4 days. Don't try calling coz you won't be able to get me! :)

No comments: