Monday, August 24, 2009

Of 'UP' and 'KLCC Skybridge'

How did I spend my last weekend?
It was a great weekend!

Catherine told me she was in town during the weekend and we planned the meet up. I was first in the office on Saturday morning for the drama casting until 5.30pm. I went home and changed and left for KL Sentral to meet up with Catherine at 7pm. I was somehow way too early (overestimated my departure time), so I decided to grab a bit in Burger King - Mozarella Cheese Stick and a Coke. I met Catherine and her friend from AFS (sorry, I don't know how to spell her name) and took the train to KLCC and bought ourselves tickets to 'UP' in 3D!


It was a very nice show, very touching, very beautiful. I had problems with the 3D glasses. I had to spend the whole movie time holding on the glasses, preventing it from falling off my face. But, it was a great show~ Took a cab to Tune Hotel for the girls to check in before Catherine walk and took the train to send me home.

We met up early the next morning - 7am - at the KLCC Skybridge counter...and OMG! there were so many people lining up for the free tickets! We were in queue for 1 1/2 hours for the 9.30am ticket.

...Kelana Jaya LRT Station at 6.30am...

...the very long queue...

...the 'not valid' tickets given out 1/2 before the ticketing counter opens...

After getting the valid tickets, we were told to wait at the exhibition area. There were a lot of information about Petronas and the Petronas Twin Towers and the video keeps playing over and over again. I found the Tesla Coil thing cool!

...the mind quiz section in the exhibition...

...one of the shots I took of the Tesla Coil simulation...

The announcement was made for the 9.30am tour. We were brought into a theatre and were given 3D glasses. It was a 7 minutes show on Petronas. We then took the lift to the 41st floor - the skybridge. Amazing thing was, the lady (our guide) actually finishes her lines the moment we reached the floor. I guess she must be practicing her lines many times to get it in 40 seconds.

...the valid tickets...

The last time I went up to the Skybridge was in 2003 - St. Teresa Prefect Trip with Cindy, Elaine Simon and Azelie. That time, this building was the tallest tower in the world. The difference is that now, it is the 2nd tallest tower in the world. The view is just spectacular. Although it was just a 10 minutes walk, it was worth the wait to be there on the bridge.

...the views you see when you are on the bridge...

We had lunch in the food court before saying our goodbyes in Dang Wangi station. I took the train back to Kelana Jaya that morning and had a long afternoon rest (i fell asleep watching drama).

Although it was a short meeting, it was a great one!

...that's us...

No comments: