Friday, August 14, 2009

On the Job

It's my second week as a freelancer and my job hasn't gone crazy yet. Signed my contract yesterday and it reminded me of my first contract back in 2007. I was then an innocent graduate coming out for a real job. It never occur to me that working has lots of downside, especially when you are taken advantage off. Well, I learn a valuable lesson back then and I swore never to repeat the same mistakes I did before.

First week on the job was interesting. Sat in the office on the first two days and guess what, I went for a 3 days road trip to Perak for recce (location scounting) and it was fun, considering that I get to go to places I've never been to! It was rather tiring as we leave early morning and was on the road the whole day until night fall and continue again the next day. Enjoyed the food, though...especially the White Coffee, Dim Sum, Koey Teow Chicken Soup, Asam Laksa............ *drolling*

I spent my first weekend with my brother and Choulyee in Serdang. Slept through the whole Saturday morning and had a great meal. Was supposed to go for mass that evening, but... I only had a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of slipper! Won't want to go to church dressing up like that! Alex dropped me off at Mines Shopping Centre of Sunday afternoon before leaving for his pre-marriage course. I spent the afternoon walking one round in the shopping centre and off to Starbucks for a cup of Americano and a long chat with my mum.

Funny thing happened after...
Alex and Choulyee helped to put up the mosquito netting in my room, and as soon as they left, the netting dropped! So, I tried fixing it myself and it dropped again! I gave up and decided to get it all fixed up the next weekend...

It's the 2nd week on the job. I spent the whole week in the office, making calls, writing letters, confirming locations, but at the same time, managed to have good meals with my colleagues. It's Friday now and I'm looking forward to having a long sleep tonight. Been having a very bad headache all week and a bad migraine yesterday -.-"

Deng~ I finished my work for today already and I'm stuck here with nothing to do...
*sweats*

No comments: