Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back when we were kids

Just few days ago, my two high school friends; Adeline and Jessica, and I went out for a drink in Coffee Bean. We hadn't seen each other for about 6 months. As usual, I'm the driver; picking and sending them from home. Compared to 5 years ago, we could now afford a cup of Ice-blended Mocha. So we had a long chat in Coffee Bean.

I suggested to have a game in Hock Lee's arcade. So we drove there and paid RM10 for 20 tokens and played some racing and shooting games. It was like how we used to be like when we were kids - chilling out in coffee shop for hours, playing arcade games, a game of bowling, window shopping...

We had Western food for dinner in Petanak Market. We sat there from 7pm to 9pm. Talking and eating and talking and eating. There were so much to talk about. Imagine if we don't see each other for a year or more; endless chit chatting.

Soon I had a call from my mum. "What time is it now? Where are you? When are you coming home?" Sigh. That's what my mum does when I'm out with my friends back in Kuching. It's exactly what she does when I was 16.

I sent them home and probably that was the only time we would see each other from now to the next 6 months...but, I had a great time, being a kid again!

No comments: