Monday, April 4, 2011

Diving in Tioman


It was the weekend and a great planned was executed. I went for a 3 days 2 nights trip to Tioman Island especially for diving purposes. After much research, I've decided to stay in Tioman Paya Resort, Paya Village and dive with Sealantis. There were no delays...so upon reaching the island early that morning, it was DIVING TIME!

Dive Site No.1: Sawadee Wreck
It was a 30m deep site with only a ship wreck in it. As we were descending with the descent line, it was like diving into somewhere unknown. But, as we reached the depth, it was beautiful. The fishes swimming around the spooky wreck were just amazing. It was such a healthy site and we circled around the wreck, looking for nudibranches. There were so much to see. Finally, I had a good wreck dive......

Dive Site No.2: Renggis
This site is what they call, Reef-Check Dive. All first time divers in Tioman will be brought to this site to see how beautiful Tioman reefs are. It was a shallow site but the corals were so colourful and alive, not to mention the schools of fishes swimming around us. There was a small 'playground' where we could even swim up and down, through the metal bars.

Dive Site No.3: Tomok
This is was just walking distance away from the village but we took a boat and drop off at the buoy. We did a drift dive as the undersea current was quite strong. Overall, it was such an easy dive with not much of energy needed to swim. There was even a car wreck underneath and we spotted 4-5 species of nudibraches there. It was another wonderful dive that day!

Dive Site No.4: Labas
I was suppose to do 2 dives that morning, but I failed to descend on my first dive as the surface current was so strong that it swept me away the moment I entered the water. It took so much energy to just swim to the buoy but I failed to do so. My Divemaster came to my rescue and we tried to descend another time but FAILED! So, I stayed on the boat and waited for the next dive. I was told that it was a tunnel dive...so excited! So, I plunged into the sea and we started the dive looking at so many big rocks around us. There was a Batfish swimming with us for quite some time. It was a moment later that we started entering the tunnels. In awe, there were so many tiny fishes swimming in the tunnel with us. There was even a stingray swimming with us. It was just AWESOME!

So, I completed 4 out of 5 dives in Tioman this time. I will definitely go back to Tioman one day to do more dives.

A big thanks and hug to the friends in Sealantis for such a wonderful weekend!

See you again!

No comments: