Friday, March 18, 2011

Underwater Camera?

An underwater camera cost...
1. DSLR + Casing + Strobes = RM20,000 - RM50,000 (depending on what model and lenses)
2. G12 + Casing + Strobes = RM3000 - RM5000
3. Compact Camera + Casing + Strobes = RM2000 - RM3000

After further contemplation and research, I decided to get myself just a compact camera and its casing for the first round of purchase and a pair of strobes later after confirmation that the camera is good for underwater photography. As for now, I've decided to get a Canon IXUS 130 + Ikelite Casing which costs RM1589.

So far after a tryout, it seemed pretty good but a little hard to use because I'm totally not familiar with Canon compact camera settings but time will help for me to work this camera in a blink.




So, one final question to myself before purchasing this camera...
do I have enough money to buy one?

No comments: