Monday, March 14, 2011

Cervarix Shot...2nd Dose

Cervarix is a vaccine against certain types of cancer-causing human papillomavirus (HPV). Cervarix is designed to prevent infection from HPV types 16 and 18, that cause about 70% of cervical cancer cases. These types also cause some other genital cancers and some oropharyngeal cancers. Additionally, some cross-reactive protection against virus strains 45 and 31 were shown in clinical trials. Cervarix also contains AS04, a proprietary adjuvant that has been found to boost the immune system response for a longer period of time. Cervarix is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline. An alternative product, from Merck & Co., is known as Gardasil. (source taken from Wikipedia)


Just had my 2nd dose of Cervarix yesterday after my first dose on 13th February in Kuching. Taking this shot in KL is a bit more expensive than taking it in Kuching though - RM220 per shot. Both doctors I went told me there won't be much of a pain, but so far the pain has been on-going for couple of days *sweats*

14th August 2011...my last shot!

2 comments:

Shau Wei said...

Excuse me, may I know where the injection takes place in Kuching?

kaYren said...

u can actually get it in any clinics. just tell them that you are there to get a cervarix shot. u'll need to get 3 shots altogether but in different months. the doc will explain to u.