Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Short Treks at Bukit Kiara & Bukit Gasing

Date: 7th September 2010 (Tuesday)

FYI, this ain't a leisure jungle trekking moments I had - it was a recce moments for the movie I'm working on at the moment. I didn't actually planned to jungle trek in this recce session but when I reach my first destination I had no choice but to hike in the treks to find a suitable space for the scene...and so I did.

Location No.1: Bukit Kiara
I found this location when I was googling for Forest Reserve for my own leisure hiking. So, I went google-mapping the location and drove there. Little did I know, it was actually a Lake Garden and at one corner of the parking lot, you will see the entrance to the hike. So, I equip myself with my SLR, my handphone and there I started the walk. It was pretty scary to hike on my own furthermore I'm not at all familiar with the trek. Though it was an easy one, it was rather scary. I walked about 10 minutes into the trek and decided to turn back. I found a good spot for the scene but now, it's logistics issue...hmm...

...the entrance to the jungle trek...

...one part of the trek - damn slippery if it rains...

Location No.2: Bukit Gasing
Another place I googled. It's pretty amazing to find forest in the middle of the city. I drove through the JKR houses and come across the pretty looking entrance at the main road. I parked the car and started the trek from the entrance. Funny thing was, I picked up my phone and called Lynn telling her that I'm heading into the jungle and if she do not hear from me for the next 24 hours, she should call the police... *laughs* So, it was another 10 minutes of trekking into the path before I turned around. The nice part about Bukit Gasing is that there's a small stream along the path. There are 2 paths from the entrance and mind you, it's a very long hike and you will end up in different parts of the hill.

...the pretty looking entrance...

...the path into the jungle...

...the map at the entrance...

I would like to trek these 2 places one day - for leisure trekking lah~
Will find time to do so...

No comments: