Friday, May 14, 2010

Miri for Graduation

It was time for my graduation~!
Yes! And I had a whole one week to be out of Redang!!!!!!!!! :)

Date: 20th April 2010
Took a Berjaya Air flight from Redang at 12.30pm to Subang Airport and it was my first time to fly in a small airplane with only 40 passengers. I enjoyed the short 45 minutes ride. Upon reaching Subang, I traveled to AmCorp Mall to meet up Choulyee for my things and later met Lynn for dinner at Kim Gary, The Curve.

...Tasik Kenyir...


Date: 21st April 2010
Little did I know that my flight was a transit flight from KL to Miri. So I had to make a stop in Kuching (it was near but yet so far) from home. Reached Miri that afternoon, all worn off but made my way to Curtin to meet everyone! Had a very unplanned yam cha session with Adrienne and Belinda and spent the evening at Mercy Miri Chapter office with Elizabeth before meeting Sharon up for Chicken Maryland at Jingwood.


Date: 22nd April 2010
First thing in the morning, I took the public bus to Park City Everly to Tropical Dives for my first dives in Miri. I buddied with John from Australia and spent the whole day in the sea. It was wonderful~

...the boat at the Marina...

We had our first JCLA Alumni dinner at Marina Bay Seafood Restaurant that night. JCLAs from all batches came together with our facilitators for dinner, catching up and phototaking sessions. Really missed the times we had back during our one year in the academy.

...the JCLAs...


Date: 23rd April 2010
Had breakfast with Joyce at 2020. It's been a while since we last had a good chat. It was a very long day but thanks to the Black Kelisa I rented, I could go around Miri easily...but...as I was heading back to Sharon's place before meeting Catherine up to our longhouse, I got into an accident with a Hilux! What a luck~ So, Catherine came and picked me up to the longhouse before going back to campus for our JCLA Graduation in the Awards Ceremony that evening.

...Project Care finally graduates!...

...the JCLAs...

It was my first time to karaoke. The media students (as usual, we are a crazy bunch of people), went for karaoke session right after the ceremony. We paid RM200 for one crate of Heineken beer and endless time karaoke'ing in the room. I really enjoyed that night, not to mentioned, I drove back home at 3am in the morning! :)

...syok sendiri during karaoke session...


Date: 24th April 2010
Picked up my parents from airport early that morning and went to campus for my photo taking session with Typhoon. After the photoshoot, we walked around campus, and a big thanks to my lil brother, Aaron for helping me to take photos the whole day~! *claps*


Had some time around Miri with our little Kelissa...and it was time to get myself ready for the Graduation Ceremony. I arrived campus early and we started taking photographs here and there. Never knew that I will have cold feet when my name drew nearer. It was such a great feeling to walk on stage and receive the certificate. It felt....*speechless*

...the School of Business...

...thank you, Mum and Dad!...

Well, we had a great drinking party at Al Fresco right after the ceremony with all our lecturers and fellow Mass Communication students. It was liquor, music, talks, dance...everything! Had a wonderful time that night!


Date: 25th April 2010
The next day.........hang over kau kau lo~!
Anyway, woke up at 8am, get ready and was off to breakfast and a tour around Miri for Mum, Dad and Aaron. We took a trip to Canada Hill and it was my first time to enter the Petroleum Museum in Miri! *sakai'ted* We went to Marina Bay, Tanjong Beach, Taman Awam..............and finally, I had someone to syok sendiri with...presenting...Aaron!

...see what I mean...
*smiles*


Though it was just a short trip back to Miri, I spent every moment with a smile.
It was great to meet everyone again.
It was such a wonderful feeling to graduate.
All the hard work for the past 2 years paid off.

Thank you Mum and Dad for supporting me all the way.
Thank you friends for being there for me.

I'm now a GRADUATE!

No comments: