Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jungle Trekking from Teluk Dalam to Pasir Panjang

Date: 7th April 2010
Time: 9.00am - 1.00pm

Signed up for Jungle Trekking this morning to take photographs for Recreation Department. Faisal was the guide and Selvam came along for the walk too. We left the resort at 9.00am with 6 adults and 2 children (hotel guests) and started our walk uphill and then downhill to the beach next door. We crossed the beach and climbed through rocks to the side and entered the jungle from there.

...the walk...

It was supposedly an hour walk but we reached Long Beach at 11.00am. We were walking rather slow and the kids were amazed with the beautiful things they saw along the way and we kept stopping for picture taking.

...the up and down...

...the stream crossing...

It wasn't a tough walk; though there were ups and downs, rock climbing, stream crossing but it was not tiring.

...Long Beach, Redang...

Upon reaching Long Beach, Faisal, Selvam and I went for our breakfast at Redang Bay Resort. I had great nasi lemak, juicy steamed corn and a bowl of ais kacang. It was such a relaxing time I had so far at this island. I was free from work, far away from the resort I worked in and it was just a peaceful, soothing breeze and beach to be in.

...me in my short hair...

...my yummy ais kacang...

I went to the dive shop to get myself a dry bag and a stainless steel pointer for diving. Well, I had a bad sun burn and my leg was like on fire as I was barefoot while walking at the beach; little did I know that the sand was so hot!

...picture taken by Faisal...

The boat came and picked us back to the resort at 12.30pm. I didn't realize that there was another jetty behind Laguna Beach Resort. The boat ride took me to the other side of the island where I have never been before and I was overlooking South China Sea in awe. Finally, I was able to see Berjaya Redang Resort from the front view!

...front view of Berjaya Redang Resort...

It was a good walk. Maybe someday I can be the guide and bring people instead when I am free. Would love to do the walk again, and if possible, once a week for my exercise........ *smiles* because I can go to Long Beach! (that was my purpose)

No comments: