Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Changes in Life

It's amazing how things changed with just a flick of a finger. Everything that you look high up to seem to be crashing down, leaving you wonder how it changed, what made it change? Yesterday, everything around you seemed to be where you want them to be. Today, everything around you seemed to be changing. Tomorrow, everything around you is no longer how you expect them to be. The feelings you felt throughout these days seemed to be so confusing - the joy, the happiness, the laughter, the sorrow, the tears, the anger, the frustrations, the disappointments. These leaves you with so much doubt in your mind.

Within these few months, I've experienced much changes is my life that left me to wonder all the questions that swirl around me head. I never knew how much feelings I felt when all these changes began.

I took a drastic change in my job; from a filmmaker to a researcher to a coordinator to an underwater videographer. But these changes in my career were a doubt to me, whether I will still live my dreams to be a filmmaker or do I change my path to something I never expected. I was and am scared of these changes. I didn't want these changes to affect my effort in my studies. But, deep down, I planted deep thoughts and commitment that no matter what I do in my career now, I will still be who I want to be in the future.

I lost a good, no, a great friend. Eventhough how much that friend hurt me, I will still remember her as the greatest friend anyone can asked for. There were so many changes that friend brought in my life. I was afraid to try or to risk doing new things, but that friend was always there to support and to help me through the changes. Now that we are apart and we are to not befriend anymore, I will never forget all the times we spent together; good or bad because everything we did before make me who I am today.

I thought I found the place for me to work and play for the next few months, with no worries, no stress, nothing to push me up the wall. I found it! But, who knew that the day will come for everything you see as a perfect picture to be something awful that you are disgusted to be a part of. I lost my respects to them. I was about to make another drastic change but with much advices and comforts from my family and friends, I stayed on to fight for my rights and to try to make some changes in others. I was in the verge of giving up, but as I thought about it, there must be a reason why I came...so I now decided to stay and await for more obstacles to come my way.

As time passed, I looked back at these moments and cherished them and learnt from them for because of these moments, I became stronger and wiser. All these challenges and obstacles happened for a reason, a reason that I will soon find out...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In life, we must always be ready to adapt changes as & when situations & needs arise. A person who cannot adapt changes are those that never experience new things & will never be at par with people around us cos everything around us changes from time to time. I would like to share this meaningful quote by Alan Cohen for you to read & understand......

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power".

Luv: Mummy Rose