Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lantern and Freedom Film Festival

It wast the Mid Autumn Festival last weekend, and again...it's another year of not eating moon cakes. I remembered playing candles and lanterns last year. This year, it was a trip to a kindergarten where Angie works. Peng, Lynn, Yih Wen and I went for a children-parents party on Friday night before heading to Jalan Alor for a good dinner.

...Peng making mooncakes...

...something I made...
but it's actually clay

...it was a cloudy night...

It was a sumptuous night with delicious and fulfilling food and not to mentioned another round of butter chicken rice when I got home (coz I tapau'ed the food before knowing about the party and dinner plan).

Freedom Film Fest screening and awards was help last Sunday at Annex, Central Market. Yih Wen got tickets for Lynn and I for the screenings. I was a volunteer before in 2007 and this is my first time attending the screening. I was amazed on the films shown that night and was inspired to work out a topic for next year's Freedom Film Festival.

...a lot of audiences turned up for the screening...

It was about 11pm where we left the screening and off for a dinner (or should I say, supper) at Jalan Imbi. Yih Wen brought us to a very nice fried beef noodles and satays. Had a good meal before heading back home. There was apparently a celebration (a street party, I guess) in Bukit Bintang as we spotted fireworks in a traffic jam.

...the fireworks at Bukit Bintang...

...the delicious fried beef noodle...

All in all, it was a good weekend. At least a time off from work to have some fun and good food.
Oh well, weekend's over. It's back to work!

No comments: