Monday, April 20, 2009

Week Free...the Unology (is there a word?)

-UNOLOGY-
is there such word?

...dunnolah~ just trying to fit all my week free activities into one... 
*this is going to be a very long post*

before I go on with this post...look at this car~~~~
I HEART THIS CAR!
*taken at Empire Hotel*

Week Free is over and I'm now in my 2nd half of my final semester in Curtin. 6 weeks of classes, assignments, mid sems and one week of pia'ing for finals and 2 weeks of finals and I'm done with my degree!

First week free was more or less of more sleeping (did I actually have more sleep...hmm...I think not~), no classes, swaying through the 'don-wan-to-do-any-assignment' mood, campus to transfer tapes for graduation ceremonies. It was rather a boring one but it was a good start.

Second week was rather crazy. Had a call on Monday and was being informed on the invitation to Anugerah Karyawan Muda in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday! ...it was like less than a week... I then quickly make arrangements and duh~! everyone knows that last minute booking of flights costs a bomb! I managed to booked Malaysia Airlines for both flights for RM420.00 (it was RM30 cheaper than AirAsia though) and got hold of my brother to accommodate me for two nights in KL. That was my Monday night~


It was another day in campus, this time around, editing for Degree Graduation but I think I spent my first half of the morning on finding ways around Brunei from the look at the map I found in Google and some photos from Juliana. And it was the start of meetings and meetings. Had like 2 meetings on Tuesday itself; one for International Marketing and another for JCLA.


Wednesday was a blast!
A trip to Brunei with Catherine and her car~! Had the petrol tank full that day and off we drove to Brunei at 6am. It was our first time there, on our own, with a very unclear printed map and a couple of hundred Brunei dollars. I'm proud to say (I know it's rather lame) that I had my new passport stamped for the first time!!! 

...my first stamp in my passport...

...I'm on Zippi, not Digi...

...the boats with weird names on it...

We made our way to Muara and had our breakfast there before proceeding to get ourselves lost somewhere but hey~ we found our way around Brunei just fine *smiles* Drove to the airport, then to Yayasan for some window shopping and Catherine got excited when she found Dairy Queen and I got excited when I found cheaper SLR cameras, lenses and flash guns! *drools* Later was off to Gadong in search for good lunch where alas we found Crepe (chicken and beef pepperoni) *yummy* We finished exploring Gadong after walks at CentrePoint, Mall, and all the shop lots around that area.

...our lunch...

It was mid afternoon where we drove to Jerudong Park and ended up first at the Horse Range (which was actually a private area and visitors are not allowed to enter - as said by the caretaker who showed us the Royal family's horses stable with airconditioning!) So we proceeded to the park which was on the other side of the area and paid B$1 to have a very disappointing walk in it.

...we were waiting for the horses to get off the road...

...entrance to Jerudong Park Playground...

...that is to show how short I am...

...I like this photo - Catherine with lots of cats...

...see the dinosaur behind us...

...one of the nicest thing to take in the park...

...the cheapest food - Nasi Katok - B$1...

Then, we headed to Empire Hotel (as suggested by Juliana if we want beautiful sunset). Yes! It was a beautiful sunset there. We didn't spend much in Bandar so we decided to have a good meal before we leave Brunei. We went for the Empire Hotel International Buffet and gosh~ the food was great! Unfortunately the main dish for the night was Salmon Fish, so most of the dishes have Salmon and not forgetting a huge Salmon Fish on the buffet counter! -.-"

...can see a lot of things in this picture (the two human legs, the grass, the rocks, the sea, the small tiny island, the sky)...

...the beautiful sunset at Empire Hotel...

...our dinner...

After the nice fulfilling meal, we headed back to the CheckPoint and something funny happened...but ain't gonna go into that part of the trip :)

That was Brunei and I came home, half dead (slept half the day) and later had to pack for my sudden KL trip. It was nothing much, just a small bag pack and of course my SLR. 

...a beautiful island along the way to KL...

...me in KLIA express train...

Took the flight to KL and yea~ I was back and this time in KLIA! Took the train and headed down to Low Yat to get something and spent my afternoon in Borders reading and later a cup of Old Town Hazelnut White Coffee and Auntie Anne's Cinnamon Pretzels. Met Alex and had dinner with Choulyee and later a Red Cliff movie marathon until 2am.

...I had a sudden shock when I stood here taking photo - the difference between Miri and KL...

...me love Cinnamon Pretzel...

...the yummy Pork Mee...

Had a very good dim sum breakfast before heading to The Mines for some window shopping. It was food, food and food, eat, eat and eat the whole day. 

...the very yummy dim sum...

...Alex and Choulyee...

...the 'very-long-din-eat' Chicken Teppanyaki...

I met Mr. Rama and Edwin at Cititel Hotel in Mid Valley for the ceremony. Diyana (the previous winner from Curtin) came to pick us up to Angkasapuri. It was not as grand as I thought it would be. The show started at 8.30pm sharp and was aired live at RTM2. Well, we didn't win anything that night but it was indeed a great opportunity to be nominated for Best Documentary.

...me and Mr. Rama on the backdrop...

...me, Mr. Rama and Edwin (director of Asi)...

...taken before live...

Had to fly back to Miri early next morning coz that was the cheapest flight I could get - RM98! Bought Burger King! ...will never missed that out... and some Gardenia Twiggies and Muffins (my old time favorite) and had a walk around the terminal before departing and leaving KL again~


And now...here I am...blogging about my week free and worrying about my unfinished assignments due this week. Week Frees are never free and never boring as well~

...at least got sovenior lah~ from AKM...

Now it's time to PIA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is such a word. I coined it in 2986.

Noun

1. The science and study of unity in all of its forms.

See http://www.lingoz.com/en/dictionary/unology/general/10398641/1

And the group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unology-l/

----- Begin Quoted Text -----
The term, "unology" was coined in 1986 by John E. Tobler to denote "the science and study of unity in all of its forms."

This list exists to encourage discussion of all aspects of the idea of unity. Do you have interesting references or links about unity? Do you have ideas about unity in art, science, philosophy, sociology, religion, mathematics, or human affairs?

What, exactly, do we mean when we say, "unity." Share examples from academia, from personal life, from your investigations into human affairs. How does unity differ from love, from harmony, from sameness, from wholeness? How do we recognize unity when we see it? When someone says an artwork "has unity" -- what do they mean?

How does unity relate to diversity? Some think that the best kind of unity is "unity in diversity."

How can we achieve unity -- most importantly in the human realm. Our world sorely needs more unity. How do we increase personal unity? How can two people become more unified? How about small groups? What about states and nations?

How can we apply the concepts and examples we can find of unity in all areas of existence to the solution of human problems and the effort to increase unity in our world?

Welcome to unology! By participating in this group, or even by just thinking about unity, you are entitled to call yourself a unologist.

May your pursuit of unology give you joy!

----- End Quoted Text -----