Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Osteoarthritis...at this age???

Sigh sigh~
The last thing I wanted to do in Kuching is to see a doctor. Lucky for me, the doctor was not around when I touched down in Kuching so I waited until Monday for my visit. I went to the clinic with my mum regarding my left arm which was hurting since the night in the longhouse...anyway... a week ago...

I have no idea what I did that had my left arm in pain and swelling. It started on Saturday night in the longhouse and went on until Monday where I noticed that it swells on my palm. I thought it was just muscle pain - like what I usually have - but it turned out to be on and on and on. The pain was like a switch; on and off whenever it fells like it. So, I put some balm on it and 'balut' my hand with bandages to keep it warm.

The next day, I went to see a doctor in Miri who told me it was just the tendon swelling due to either 1)carrying heavy objects, 2)sprained my arm, 3)hit my arm on something hard... but... I didn't recall anything on the above mentioned... She prescribed me with medicine and pain killers to ease the pain.

And again...the pain went on and off the next couple of days and I finally decided to consult the doctor here in Kuching, so I went with my mum and to my surprised, the doctor said I have 'Osteoarthritis'!!! OMG!!! She said I might have overused my hand unconsciously which had finally made my hand to give up on me - there was no liquid flowing in my left arm which causes pain and swelling - so there goes another shocking medical news for me ~ sigh sigh ~

Well, I had a short lecture from my mum and from today onwards, I ought to take good care of my hand, especially the left arm ~ even until today, after taking medication, the pain is still there whenever I overused the left arm...

I pray that it'll heal soon and although I know that this pain is going to go on until I'm old, but, for now, I need my arm to work perfectly all the time!!! God Help Me!!!

Osteoarthritis???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get yourself enough calcium =)

Take care.