Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Curtin Open Day 2007

9th September, 2007. (Sunday)

Curtin Open day...
Wow! It was a great day for me, especially because I hadn't had fun setting up, preparing and selling for food fair since Form 4 in St. Teresa. Of course this time was a little different than it was before. I was partially involved with two different clubs namely Catholic Student Society (CSS) and Curtin Junior Toastmaster. I was also a volunteer for Mass Communication Department with their screenings and programs lined up for that day. It was tiring; been standing on my two feet since 8.30am till 9.30pm. Gosh!

CSS sold good food; lasagna, apple pie, chicken pie, beef pie, banana and raisin loaf, quiche and barley. Toastmaster sold garlic bread. I was running here and there, one stall to another to see if anyone need a hand.

Not only the selling part was fun but I was lucky too! First of all, I admitted that I was a little silly to drop the whole lucky draw paper into the balet box; which I soon realized that I have to tear the small partition out and keep the other. I thought my chance of winning at least 1 lucky draw was down the drain but fortunately, I WON!!! I got myself an electronic broom which cost RM150...

Later; an hour or so later, I came up to the MC and answered a question about the Malaysia flag and got myself a free buffet dinner at Imperial Hotel!

Hahaha... I felt so lucky and happy! Well, the CSS team waited for the final lucky draw at 9pm which the grand prize was a Nintendo Wii! Out of 200 tickets, not one won any of the final draws. Sigh...

There were fireworks too and everything in both booth was sold out! We had our CSS 10 shots before disperse. I'm looking forward to next year's Open Day!!!

No comments: