Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Day in Aquaria KLCC

The first time I entered Aquaria KLCC was in December 2006 for Dutchlady 123 shoot with Amy Mastura, but that was for work purposes.

It was time to come back to KL to start my new job. Mum, Dad and Aaron flew here for Chap Goh Mei and since I had some time to hang around, I suggested Aquaria KLCC...and we went! We paid RM35 per person and spent a couple of hours touring and also to watch the feeding at the main tank at 12pm. There weren't that many species of fishes as I would have imagined but it was just wonderful to be surrounded with them.

The journey started with insects and reptiles (eww! especially when I saw the snakes!) and later it was into the Amazon tank where all the fishes were giants...even the catfish was super huge! I was rather scary to imagine what'll happen if someone fell into the Amazon tank with all the big fishes swimming around........


What amazed me was the fishes in the sea. We had to walk into the underwater tunnel where fishes swam around us. This brings me back to the time I first visited Sentosa Underwater World in Singapore back when I was a kid. We went around the tunnel twice!


After the feeding and the tunnel ride, we went on taking photographs and into the 'weird' creature section where we saw nautilus, jelly fish, lionfish, seahorses, etc. I don't even think these creatures are considered weird but....hmm!


And it was time to reach the exit point. Though it didn't take long for us to finish our tour in Aquaria KLCC, at least we did something rather different this time in KL; no more shopping, no more train rides. I had quite some fun...I hope my family did too!


I've decided not to go for the 'Dive with Sharks' in Aquaria KLCC anymore because I'll be diving with the Sand Tiger Sharks and some Rays only. And, one time into Aquaria KLCC is enough. Glad to finally visited the place!

...like Avatar...

One good thing about going to an Underwater World...
you don't need to dive to take pictures of the corals and the creatures!

No comments: