Friday, August 13, 2010

Perseids Meteor Shower

Perseids Meteor Shower

The Perseids is one of the best meteor showers to observe, producing up to 60 meteors per hour at their peak. This year's shower should peak on the night of August 12 and the morning of the 13th, but you may be able to see some meteors any time from July 23 - August 22. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation Perseus. The thin, crescent moon will be out of the way early, setting the stage for a potentially spectacular show. For best viewing, look to the northeast after midnight.

...I actually woke up at 12.30am and went to my 16th floor balcony to have a look at the night skies. But, the moment I see the dark clouds on top of my head with bright city lights lighting up the skies, I knew I will not be able to see anything from there. I stood at the balcony for 10 minutes and later went back to sleep...

No comments: