Friday, June 19, 2009

Last post in Miri

I should be having lots of posts since it's already the holidays, but there was barely anytime to be sitting in front of my laptop to surf the net other than my emails.

It's my last week in Miri and this will be my last entry here.

The whole week was a blast! Packing, planning and farewells...

Monday and Tuesday were about packing. I didn't expect to have 2 luggage bags, 4 boxes (mostly books and one Sonic Gear speaker), a bicycle and a guitar (with a badminton racquet, a pingpong bat and a camera tripod). In between the packing, I had dinner with the 'Geo' girls - Ming Yi, Li Ming and Shae Nee - on Monday after their exams. Had a good chat with the girls in Canada Hill.

...taken at Canada Hill...
(after four takes)

Tuesday was supposedly a meeting but it ended up with lunch, window shopping, Starbuck'ing, sunset'ing.

...my Signature Hot Chocolate...


...wannabe Charlie's Angels...
(Li Ming, Ming Yi, Karen)

I had to send my things down to the transport company on Wednesday morning. Thank you so much to Catherine and Adrienne for helping me out that morning. Had a long meeting with Student Wall in the afternoon and had a short walk around campus to take pictures. Dinner was at Miri Cafe but my dish wasn't that great :(

...I was in time to use this building...

Thursday was so random. Went for a swim at 9.30am! Sun was so hot... After the swim was a long walk in the city. It was a walk to the chicken rice shop in town but we ended up in Taman Bunga, lunch at a shop that sells good lunch and snow flakes. We continued the walk to WZT Cafe but the coffee wasn't as nice as we thought. Too bad the chicken rice shop was closed so we headed to Imperial and bought some DVDs and headed back home to freshen up before meeting up the girls for kite flying in Tanjung. Cut myself pretty bad while trying to save the kite but had we all had fun!

...Catherine and the smiley face kite...

...half way flying the kite still can syok sendiri...

...Amy, Ray, Jason, Yuki, Ruby, Catherine and I...

...taken at Bintang Megamall carpark...

Now, it's Friday and it's time to cut off the Internet at home. Two more days and I'll be off from Miri!

All that is left here with me is my laptop and a backpack filled with a week's clothes.

Will be back three weeks from now for updates~!

Happy Holiday everyone!

No comments: