Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dive Trip to Brunei and Miri!

Date: 14th - 19th July
I was a last minute plan to Miri for dives and I got side tracked to Brunei for wreck dives (not to mentioned I drove 2 hours to and 2 hours back from Miri to Brunei just for 3 dives on Friday). But anyhow, it was a great holiday in the Minyak-lands!


Dive started the day after I arrived in Miri from Kuching. I rented a car and drove up to Brunei for 2 wrecks and 1 reef dives with Oceanic Divers. Jim, my buddy cum instructor gave me a good tour in the Brunei waters; Cement Wreck, American Wreck and Abana Reef and I definitely enjoyed my time taking photographs (camera courtesy to Sharon). It was a hot, sunny, calm day in the waters with 6 other divers. Lunch was delicious and the day ended with a very big smile on my face *smiles* and a plan to return to Brunei for Wreck and Nitrox Specialty Courses soon!


I took another 2 hour drive back to Miri (beautiful sunrise and sunset along the way). Day 2 diving started early the next morning with Sharon and Chris. The boat departed from Marina Bay with Tropical Divers.


We dove Kenyalang Wreck (this site changed a whole lot since my first dive here last year), Sunday Reef and Southern Eve. It was quite a rough ride as the rain came when we were underwater and the waves came in hard after. But, by the end of the day, I was another layer darker *smiles*



I had a break on Sunday and there came my flu *sigh* Since I came to Miri for dives, I decided not to skip my dives on Monday. So with some medication, off I went in the boat to 3 other dive sites; Seafan Garden, Belais Reef and Western Eve. Only to come across some problems...cannot equalized on my 2nd dive, mucus all over my mask, shivering cold at 30 degrees underwater! I had fun taking photographs and videos underwater and of course, myself~

...I logged 9 dives in both Brunei and Miri. 60 dives and counting...

Will be back...one day~!

No comments: